Question from Gary Woodward:
My Worcestor Greenstar R makes a continuous clicking noise. Do you know what the problem is likely to be?
Response from Martyn Bridges, director of marketing and technical support at Worcester, Bosch Group:
Noises can be attributed to so many things. In order to narrow it down, it is necessary to know the following:
• Does the appliance work OK?
• Do the radiators and hot water cylinder get hot?
• Is the clicking noise occurring during heat up periods, or perhaps after the boiler has shut down, (rather like a car body can sometimes make clicking noises as it cools down after you have been on a journey)?
• Have you had the boiler serviced in the last 12 months?
• Has the system water been flushed, cleansed and inhibited with proprietary cleansers and inhibitors?
If there is still issues after the above has either been confirmed or remedied, it may be advisable to contact the Worcester technical helpline for further advice on 0844 892 3000.