The Institution of Gas Engineers & Managers (IGEM) and the Energy and Utilities Alliance (EUA) has named the winners of the Gas Industry Awards 2021.
There were 10 categories of award, followed by the Lifetime Achievement Award. The winners were:
- Company of the Year – ULC Robotics
- Customer Service Award – The Orange Angels, Cadent’s Eastern network
- Engineer of the Year – David Butler, director of SGN Natural Gas; and David Rae, project manager of SGN
- Innovation Award – Development of a Pure Hydrogen Boiler, Baxi Heating
- Leadership Award – Danny O’Malley, director of SGN Natural Gas
- Manager of the Year – Hilary Buxton, director of engineering at Cadent; and Julia Dwyer, director of Cadent Foundation
- Product of the Year – C55 Asset Investment Planning and Management developed by Copperleaf Technologies in collaboration with Northern Gas Networks, National Grid Transmission and SGN; and Mechanical Purge End Fitting developed by Plasson in collaboration with Cadent and ROSEN
- Project of the Year – Asset Investment Planning Project undertaken by National Grid Gas Transmission
- Safety Award – Wales & West Utilities’ Demanding Safety Always
- Young Person’s Achievement Award – Christopher Stamp, senior pipeline inspector at R&L Project Services; and Gulraj Chatha, engineering manager at Assurance & Compliance, Cadent
- Lifetime Achievement Award – David Lander
The Gas Industry Awards recognise the contribution of the gas industry’s most innovative, dedicated and outstanding members and, like many events, was postponed in 2020 due to the pandemic.
Mike Foster, chief executive of EUA, said: “The 2021 Gas Awards have once again showcased the industry and those working within it. It is an industry that continued to move forward through a global pandemic. The gas industry provides inspiration and thought leadership to many and is key to enabling the UK to hit its net zero target.”