Second Green Deal Home Improvement Fund release confirmed

deccThe Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) has confirmed the second release of the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF).

A statement from DECC reads:

“The first release of the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund was extremely popular and we’re expecting this one to be too. Thousands of people have made energy saving improvements since the scheme launched in June and soon even more people will be able to.

“We’re looking forward to providing further details of the rates, measures and customer terms and conditions before opening to applications soon.

“In the meantime, if you are thinking of applying, the below information should help.
What you’ll need to apply for the GDHIF

“You will need to have the following paperwork to complete an application:
•A Green Deal Advice Report or an Energy Performance Certificate which is less than two years old and which recommends the measure(s) you are applying for. Visit: to find a Green Deal Assessor in your area. Please note, a refund towards the cost of your Green Deal Advice Report is subject to a successful voucher application, the installation of the eligible measures through the GDHIF and compliance with the scheme terms and conditions.
•A quote for each energy saving improvement for which an application is made. When you’re getting a quote, compare prices so you know you’re getting the best deal available.

“The quote must include:
a) your name;
b) the address of the property to be improved;
c) the name of the installer or provider doing the work.
•The company must be registered to install measures under GDHIF
•The company’s name on the quote, must be the name they’ve used to register with the GDHIF scheme, and
d) for each measure, the total estimated cost of the work to install the measure, inclusive of VAT if applicable and any discount or refund to be applied (either before or after payment) and excluding any finance interest or cost.

“Applicants who are undertakings (within the meaning of EU law relating to State Aid, for example landlords) must also submit proof of ownership for the property(s) in respect of which they are applying. A list of acceptable ‘proof of ownership’ documents will be set out in the Customer Terms and Conditions.

People applying for the scheme must be the Owner or Occupier of the property they are improving. Managing agents will not be eligible to apply under the scheme.”

No posts to display