Pets at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning

A new survey has found the vast majority, 96%, of homeowners are unaware carbon monoxide can affect their pets.

Research by radiator supplier BestHeating showed 26% did not know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, often mistaking them for flu or food poisoning.

The main symptoms in pets are fatigue, vomiting, difficulty breathing, seizures, loss of consciousness, weakness or lethargy and red gums. More than half of the respondents were also unaware of the sources of carbon monoxide.

John Lawless, content marketing manager from BestHeating said: “It’s worrying that over a quarter of Brits don’t have a carbon monoxide detector in their home as they are potentially putting their pet’s life at risk alongside their own.

“We urge people across the country to purchase a carbon monoxide detector and be aware of the symptoms in both themselves and their pets caused by the poisoning.”

No posts to display