A Gas Safe registered engineer from Middlesex has been fined for safety failings after he carried out an unsafe installation.
In a one day trial at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court, it was heard how Michael Efthymiou, a self- employed gas engineer, carried out an unsafe installation of a gas combination boiler and flue at a domestic property in Crossfield Road, Clacton-on-Sea.
An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive into the incident found that on February 7, 2015, Mr Efthymiou left the boiler in place with significant failings that left the tenants at risk of exposure to dangerous products of combustion.
Mr Efthymiou, of Enfield, Middlesex, was found guilty of breaching Section 3(2) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, and Regulation 27(1) of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 and was fined £2,460 and ordered to pay £6,722 costs.