A new short video has been release by the family of carbon monoxide (CO) victim Katie Haines’ family. The video, entitled ‘Wake up! Buy a Carbon Monoxide alarm’, aims to raise awareness after Katie fell victim to CO, drowning in her bath, after a faulty boiler leaked CO into her home.
It has been released to coincide with the consumer phase of Plumb and Part Center’s Make it Law Campaign, which has received universal support from the heating industry.
The film urges people to sign an e-petition calling for CO alarms to be mandatory with any installation of a carbon-burning appliance in England and Wales. It’s already law in Scotland and Northern Ireland.