Home Health and Safety

Health and Safety

Torbay plumber escapes jail despite illegal gas work

Mark Evans gets suspended sentence after leaving a boiler in a “potentially dangerous state”

Landlord given suspended prison sentence over gas failings…

...after it was found that the appliance was leaking deadly carbon monoxide.

HHIC welcomes HSE’s Public Consultation…

…on proposed changes to The Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998.

Plumber fined for sub-standard boiler installation

Oil boiler had potential to cause carbon monoxide poisoning

Pair in court for endangering homeowners’ lives

Boiler illegally installed.

Majority still look for CORGI registered engineers

According to new research 58% of consumers still think CORGI registration is a must-have when choosing a gas engineer

Torquay landlord pleads guilty to a breach of gas safety

Mr Marshall ignored repeated requests to carry out checks and to provide a copy of the safety record, say the Health and Safety Executive

Landlord gets suspended jail term over gas safety failings

Duran Akbulut failed to have a gas boiler checked by a qualified engineer and obtain the necessary safety certificate.

Communicating smoke and CO alarm safety

Adrian Keats at Honeywell’s Home Safety business provides a selection of hard-hitting facts and figures to help installers communicate the importance of proper gas and fire safety to customers

Gas boiler left in dangerous state

Self-employed plumber breaches two gas safety regulations